Residential HVAC Service Program
Routine maintenance of your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment can improve home comfort and save money on your electric bill. Our program focuses on improving the efficiency of existing central air conditioners and heat pumps by partnering with specially trained contractors. By hiring a Program Contractor and completing recommended repairs, you can receive a rebate of up to $50 per unit!
How to Participate
To qualify for a rebate, you must use an approved Program Contractor who will perform a pre-test on your equipment, make efficiency improvements, and complete a post-test assessment.
Is Your System in Need of a Check-Up?
Ursula's Customer Testimonial
Program Eligibility & Requirements
Based on program savings and incentive budget availability, residential Georgia Power customers may be eligible to receive HVAC Service Program rebates.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Equipment must be at least 5 years old
- Equipment must have a minimum energy efficiency ratio of five and be between 1 and 5 tons
- The outside temperature must be at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit during assessment
- Home must either be owner-occupied or a leased, single family detached home
- There is a limit of one service per system and three systems per residential account
- Ductless mini-splits and geothermal systems are not eligible
Participating Program Contractors are independent contractors and are not representative of Georgia Power. Customers are solely responsible for all services performed by Program Contractors and related costs. This program expires on December 31, 2019.
For full eligibility requirements or to learn more about this program, please call (877) 310-5607.