Storm Center overview
When a storm threatens, Georgia Power supports you 24/7.
Our Storm Center coordinates our storm readiness efforts, along with crews from Southern Company sister companies and neighboring utilities, to ensure we get your lights back on as quickly as possible.
Storm Center functions include:
- Monitoring weather and staging crews in advance of the storm.
- Coordinating crew movements during storms.
- Preparing damage assessment teams and support for our storm operations.
- Serving as a communication system for media, GEMA, and other organizations.
- Posting timely storm updates on twitter.com/georgiapower
Safety is our first priority
Report any emergencies immediately, including street light outages, downed power lines or low-hanging wires. Review tips for additional safety precautions.Review Safety Tips